Did you know that Instagram sees 3.5 billion likes and 80 million photos uploaded every single day?
Instagram is one of the fastest growing social networks, with it’s usage doubling over the last two years. As a jewellery business, you are video and photo-lead, meaning that you should be using the social networks which allow you to visually display your products.
Having worked with jewellery businesses over the last eight years, I have understood Instagram to be one of the best performing social networks, which is why you need to consider advertising on Instagram.
5 things you need to know about Instagram advertising
Instagram is owned by Facebook
The reason you need to know this is because, to get started with advertising on Instagram, you need to connect your Instagram with Facebook’s business manager. Here is a step-by-step on how to do this:
1. Go to your Facebook Business Manager
2. Choose ‘Instagram accounts’ from the business setting pop-out menu
3. Enter in your Instagram account username and password
4. You will the need to link your Instagram account to the Facebook Ad account
Different advert formats on Instagram
Instagram has three different types of Ad formats: photo, video and carousel.
1. Photo Ads: simple, and clean way to display a visual of your business
2. Video Ads: up to 60 seconds of video footage in landscape format
3. Carousel Ads: a collection of images displayed in the same format as photo ads
Think about your main objectives when deciding how to advertise on Instagram
Instagram is a social network and with every advertisement you do on social media you should have an objective in mind. Instagram will give you a selection of objectives to choose from, which will include the following:
● Clicks to website: sending people to your website using any ad format
● Website conversion: asking for a specific action on your website using any ad format
● Reach and frequency: Achieve predictable reach and greater control over message frequency
● Page post engagement: to increase engagement on your page and only available in the photo and video ad format
How to choose your audience for Instagram advertising
If you are new to Instagram advertising, or social media advertising in general, you might not know who you want to target. To make it easier for you, Instagram has a built-in targeting feature where you can select location, age, gender, financial status, ethnicity, relationship status, interests, behaviours and much, much more.
You can also create a custom audience based on your already existing database, as well as a lookalike audience to reach people who have similar habits to your already existing database.
How much does Instagram advertising cost?
There is no definitive answer to how much of a budget you should chose when running an Instagram advertising campaign. You can chose between a daily budget or a campaign lifetime budget depending on what you would prefer.
A daily budget will be reset every day of your campaign, whereas a lifetime budget will be a larger amount spread across the entire advertisement period.
Have you run an advertisement on Instagram and if so, how did it perform for you?