Twitter now has over 310 million monthly active users and 500 million people visiting the site each month without logging in, which shows that a potential prospect is turning to Twitter as a way of finding a product/service, without actually logging in.
The biggest question I get asked as a Social Media influencer is around Twitter reach, and how to effectively connect with more potential prospects in the jewellery industry.
I have been actively using Twitter since it launched, and having amassed a following of over 32,000, I receive a huge amount of daily engagement. I can attribute this engagement to increasing my reach, and building my brand online.
For you to fully understand how Twitter can be used for your jewellery business, here are seven simple steps for you to follow that will help you increase your Twitter reach.
- Get The Basics Right
The first step to achieving a stronger Twitter reach is to simply get the basics right. Have you added a profile picture, and a header image? Have you added your bio, and your website link? The basics are indeed the basics, but they can be easily forgotten when you are thinking about the higher level Twitter actions.
The jewellery industry is very visual, which means that the images you use to promote yourself or your business need to be high quality and easy to understand. Less is more. Think about your logo and how it represents your jewellery line, and whether your cover photo showcases your business and the products/services you sell.
- Understand The Twitter Do’s And Don’ts
After getting the basics right, you then need to look at what works on Twitter, and what doesn’t. Whilst every business has different goals they want to achieve and will use Twitter differently, there are some universal Twitter do’s and don’ts that when understood and implemented, can help you increase your Twitter reach as a jewellery business. Here are a few things you need to consider.
- DON’T start Tweets with the @username: doing this will cut your reach as you are directing that Tweet at ONLY the @username, rather than encouraging conversation with other users.
- DO use hashtags: there is a fine line between using too many hashtags, and not using any. Use between one and three hashtags for maximum reach, without looking like you are spamming your audience.
- DON’T just talk about yourself: think about the 80/20 rule. Spend 80% of your time engaging with your audience, and 20% of the time talking about your jewellery business.
- DO keep it short: with the new character rule in place, make sure that you are not using all of the 140-character limit. Keep your tweets between 110-115 characters to allow for people to reply to your Tweets.
- DON’T engage with JUST your followers: broaden your reach. Whilst engaging with your already existing audience is the highest priority, look at conversations going on inside of Twitter within the jewellery industry as a way to further increase your reach.
- DO Tweet often: for a jewellery business, my suggestion would be to Tweet around five times a day, at different times of the day to make sure that you are reaching your audience when they want to read your Tweets.
- Know WHEN To Tweet
Have you analysed your Twitter activity to find out when your audience are most engaging with what you are sharing? A simple tweak in when you are posting your content will heavily affect your reach.
Look at your Twitter Analytics to find out the best times to post during the day, and the days in particular that your audience are engaging with your content.
- Know WHAT To Tweet
Similar to understanding when you should be tweeting, you also need to understand the type of content that is getting the most engagement so that you can continue to give your audience what they are looking for.
Are they engaging with you when you are asking questions? Do they click on Tweets that lead to an interesting jewellery article? Are they reaching out to you on Twitter for customer service help? Analyse HOW they are engaging with you, and find out what is most important to them through the use of Twitter Polls.
- Interact With Jewellery Influencers
Getting engaged with your own audience is important, but to really increase your reach, look at who is influential in the jewellery industry, and engage with them on a daily basis through both the content you share, and the content they share.
A great way to tune out the noise, and to focus on what is being shared by jewellery influencers is to create Twitter Lists.
- Run A Competition/Giveaway
As a general rule of thumb, a promotion or giveaway does increase traffic, visibility, reach and engagement. Whilst it may be a small business cost, it is well worth doing if you want to generate leads, and increase reach.
Think about how you can run this giveaway for maximum impact, and how you can use hashtags to get people to enter, whilst also using your @username as a way of submitting an entry.
You don’t have to run the competition inside of Twitter, but if you decide to run the competition/giveaway inside of e.g. Facebook, make sure that part of entering is to engage with you in one way or another inside of Twitter.
- Make Sure You Have Your Twitter Icon On Your Website Homepage
The final step is to make sure that you have your Twitter icon on your website, so that your website visitors can connect with you on Twitter.
Remember that brand consistency is key, and you don’t know where a potential customer will find you online so make sure you have a Twitter icon that links through to your account on the homepage of your website so that your audience can engage with you in more than one place.
I hope that my seven steps to increasing your Twitter reach as a jewellery business, but I want to help you further.
In my NEW and EXCLUSIVE 1 hour webinar, I will share with you how I have become a verified Twitter user, and amassed a following of over 32,000 business owners.
Twitter is one of the most influential social networks, and if building your online identity, and growing a business is important to you, Twitter must be one of the social networks you are using on a daily basis to engage with your target audience in the jewellery industry.
In the modern world, every jewellery business needs to communicate with their customers through Social Media, and one of the best ways to do this is through Twitter.
To understand whether this webinar is for YOU, I have three questions I would like you to ask yourself:
- Do you know how to use all of Twitter’s features?
- Are you happy with the engagement and traffic you are generating through Twitter?
- Do you know how to find your target customers on Twitter?
If you answered NO to any of the above questions, this will be one of the best Twitter learning opportunities you’ll have this year, and it’s 100% free and certified!
Here’s Why You Should Care:
- 71% of users say they use Twitter multiple times per day
- 90% of Twitter users say they plan to purchase from the small businesses they follow
- 84% of shoppers on Twitter use the platform to look for deals and product reviews
- Twitter users shop nearly twice as much as non-Twitter users
In just 60 minutes I will take you through my formula to Twitter success that has helped me generate thousands of leads, and can be attributed to a 6-figure income. Be sure to sign up here, and join me on the 19th July on my live, and certified webinar!